Important Changes have been agreed to the allocations policy and these are as follows:
• Households will not be able to register for housing in future unless they have been living in Ealing for the last 5 years
• Households with a joint income of more that £60,000 or capital assets of £24,000 will not be able to register in future
• Applicants who bid and refuse 3 or more reasonable offers will be suspended from bidding for a period of 6 months
• Applicants can move within sheltered schemes more easily or move out if they don't need it
• The council will be advertising 20% of lettings as prioritised to those residents that work or play by the rules in conducting their council tenancy
• Only high priority applicants banded as C or higher will be able to actively bid for property.
• Households who are under occupying their accommodation and want to move to a smaller property will go into band A.
Register for housing
After considering the other options available, if you still wish to apply to go onto the council's housing register you will need to complete an online housing register form via Locata.
We encourage all housing register applicants to apply online, as this is the quickest method. A simple online application forms guides you through the process and provides information on your likely priority band. If you are unable to apply online yourself, you may want to ask a member of your family to help you do this. If you need help in applying, or for any reason need a paper application form, please contact the housing choice and options team on (020) 8825 8800, or visit us at Perceval House where we will be able to help you.
To apply for housing please click here to register online.
If you are eligible you will be given a level of priority based on your circumstances and housing needs. You will also be given an online registration number which should be quoted whenever you make an enquiry about your application.
Once registered, you will become a member of the West London Choice Based Letting Scheme, known as Locata, and must apply for properties you are eligible for.
Locata is a choice based letting service that advertises council and housing association homes. If you do not have the internet at home, free internet access can be obtained at your local library.
If you are over 60 years old or housebound and want to join the housing register, please contact the housing choice and options team on (020) 8825 8800.
Properties owned by registered social landlords are also advertised on Locata.
The latest edition of Locata Home is available online at www.locata.org.uk.